Gautama Buddha ( 480 BCE – 400 BCE) is believed to have lived and taught mostly in the eastern part of ancient India sometime between the Sixth and fourth centuries (BCE)- Wikipedia
Gautama taught a Middle Way between sensual indulgence and the severe asceticism found in the śramaṇa movement common in his region. He later taught throughout other regions of eastern India such as Magadha and Kosala.
Gautama is the primary figure in Buddhism. He is recognized by Buddhists as an enlightened teacher who attained full Buddhahood, and shared his insights to help sentient beings end rebirth and suffering. Accounts of his life, discourses, and monastic rules are believed by Buddhists to have been summarized after his death and memorized by his followers. Various collections of teachings attributed to him were passed down by oral tradition and first committed to writing about 400 years later.
Here’s Top 10 Quotes Said by Buddha :
Gautam Buddha Best 10 Quotes
1st Quote : Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
6th Quote : The mind is everything. What you think you become.
- We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
- You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
9th Quote : All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
- Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.