Swami Vivekananda ( 12 January 1863 – 4 July 1902), born Narendranath Datta was an Indian Hindu monk, a chief disciple of the 19th-century Indian mystic Ramakrishna. He was a key figure in the introduction of the Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga to the Western world and is credited with raising interfaith awareness, bringing Hinduism to the status of a major world religion during the late 19th century. Vivekananda founded the Ramakrishna Math and the Ramakrishna Mission.
In India, Vivekananda is regarded as a patriotic saint and his birthday is celebrated there as National Youth Day.
Here is Best Ever 15 Quotes By Swami Vivekanand
1 . By the study of different religions, we find that in essence, they are one. –
2. Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.~
3. Fill the brain with high thoughts, highest ideals place them day and night before you and out of that will come great work.
4. We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
5. You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
6. The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
7. Arise, awake and don’t stop until the goal is reached.
8. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
9. All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
10. The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
11. Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
12. All differences in this world are of degree, and not of a kind because oneness is the secret of everything.
13. Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
14. In one world, This ideal is that you are divine.
15. God is to be worshiped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life.