A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, better known as A. P. J. Abdul Kalam ( 15 October 1931 – 27 July 2015), was the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. A career scientist turned statesman, Kalam was born and raised in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, and studied physics and aerospace engineering. He spent the next four decades as a scientist and science administrator, mainly at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) and was intimately involved in India’s civilian space program and military missile development efforts. He thus came to be known as the Missile Man of India.
While delivering a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management Shillong, Kalam collapsed and died from an apparent cardiac arrest on 27 July 2015, aged 83.
1 . You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
2. Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.
3. Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.
4. Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.
5. We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
6. Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.
7. Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.
8. Unless India stands up to the world, no one will respect us. In this world, fear has no place. Only strength respects strength.
9. Do we not realize that self-respect comes with self-reliance?
10. God, our Creator, has stored within our minds and personalities, great potential strength and ability. Prayer helps us tap and develop these powers.
11. If you want to shine like a sun. First, burn like a sun.
12. All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents
13. Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness
14. Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.
15. Without your involvement, you can’t succeed. With your involvement, you can’t fail.